To qualify for financing through Set the PACE St. Louis, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant owns commercial property in the City of St. Louis.
- Applicant has no outstanding and unsatisfied tax liens on the property.
- Applicant has no overdue property tax on the property.
- Property is current on all mortgage debt.
- Applicant has no overdue municipal service charges.
- Applicant or property is not currently involved in a bankruptcy proceeding.
- Commercial applicants are required to have their mortgage lenders approve and sign-off on the project.
- Underwriting criteria for commercial projects will be handled on a case-by-case basis as the variables for project size and scope vary so greatly. The mortgage holder and bank providing interim financing, the program administrator, and the energy contractor will work hand in hand to design the most beneficial commercial PACE property improvement.
- PACE financing is not available for residential properties at this time. We encourage owners of residential properties to submit an application for conventional financing of energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades to their property.*
- Applicant must be a condominium association or a homeowners association established and existing under its governing documents.
- For purposes of PACE financing, applicant shall be treated as a "commercial" borrower.
- In a mixed use development, not more than 20% of the total space may be used for commercial purposes.
- Association has no unpaid taxes on property owned by the association.
- Association must provide a written legal opinion stating that it the association is duly organized and existing under its governing documents, has the authority to borrow money, acts by and through its elected board, and the directors and officers are duly elected.
- Association governing documents must contain lien rights in the event a unit owner fails to pay assessments to the association.
- Association, as security for borrowing, is authorized to provide an assignment of reserves and/or assessments, including the right to collect assessments and enforce the association's lien for assessments in the event of a default.
- Association must provide copy of current certificate of insurance.
*Note: There is a limitation on availability for PACE financing for single-family residential properties due to concerns raised by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA). There are, however, alternative financing options available with the Set the PACE St. Louis program, including home equity financing or energy efficiency mortgages (EEMs). We want to get your project financed and can customize the terms of the loan to best meet your needs. If you have any questions or would like to see if your project qualifies, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 314.499.8756 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.